We’re a week into the New Year and Remobility & Staff would like to wish all their client’s, friends and family, a Happy and above all, a Healthy New Year!
If you are like most people, one of your goals for the new year may be to get back in shape, improve your endurance, or exercise more. Just remember to take it easy after the holidays, especially if you haven’t done much exercising since Thanksgiving.
Here are a few tips to help you prevent those pesky injuries people may get when starting their exercise routine after a period of inactivity.
- Warm up before exercising. Ease into your workout by slowly stretching those muscles you want to target during your workout.
- Pay attention to your body signals. Feeling pain is a message from your body, trying to tell you not to push too hard.
- Keep your exercise routine within your capabilities. Unless you’re an athlete, there is no need to rush into a more challenging or faster routine. If you’re not sure which exercises are appropriate, ask for advice or get a professional guide or trainer.
- Drink plenty of water. Be sure to hydrate your body throughout the day in preparation of your workout, but also drink enough during your exercise routine.
- Give your body a break. While it’s great for your body to get the exercise, it is also wise to take a break in between to recover and get ready for the next round.
Follow these tips to prevent getting injuries that will only delay your goals for a healthier you.
Remember: Prevention is the key!