As the warm weather approaches, people are getting ready to be more active outdoors in the garden. We want you to be safe, so here are some safety measures to consider, mostly to avoid a fall.
- Wear a wide hat to cover your head against the sun (dizziness can cause a fall).
- Drink enough water to avoid dehydration and become dizzy.
- Apply sunscreen on uncovered body parts (sun can damage your skin and also cause skin cancer).
- Wear gloves when picking up branches and sharp objects in the yard.
- Wearing a pair of boots can prevent foot injuries caused by sharp objects outside.
- Do not overwork yourself in the yard. Take breaks because fatigue can lead to imbalance and falls.
Just remember these tips and enjoy your garden!